The commercial heating and air conditioning system for your building is going to be one of your most significant investments over the life of your facility. Most standard systems have a life cycle that spans somewhere between 15 and 25 years, and when the time comes for a new system there are more options than just a straight replacement. In many cases, a high-efficiency commercial HVAC retrofit can save time and money while providing the level of service that your business needs.
The Benefits Of Retrofitting Your HVAC System
There is no perfect HVAC system that will last forever. Someday your existing system will either need to be replaced or retrofitted. Service Unlimited, Inc. has for nearly 60 years of experience in retrofitting heating and cooling systems for a wide variety of facilities, from churches to manufacturing plants.
In this blog post, we cover the advantages of an HVAC retrofit and the ways it could benefit your business.
- Energy Savings
- Retrofitting existing systems is one of the fastest solutions for reducing energy usage. It is a quicker process than a complete replacement and can address chronic issues that have been dragging down your HVAC equipment’s efficiency.
- System Longevity
- An entire system replacement will deliver results, but it can be a costly and time-consuming process. Implementing a retrofit program to address defective or obsolete parts can give your HVAC system a whole new life. These strategies are designed to maintain your systems and give you more time to plan for that eventual replacement process.
- Most commercial facilities change over time. You might build on an addition, renovate existing space, or add new structures. The retrofitting process will enable your systems to adapt to your changing needs. At SUI, we want your HVAC systems to work for you—not the other way around.
- Improved Air Quality
- Over time, older systems show signs of aging and a drop in performance, and some older HVAC equipment will become louder over the years. We want your heating and cooling equipment to be felt and not heard. A modern retrofit will deliver a quieter operation and a higher level of performance for your workplace. Providing comfortable workspaces is the most significant purpose of your HVAC devices; SUI is here to ensure they deliver.
- Technology Upgrades
- Technology is always growing and changing; the same is true for HVAC systems. You don’t want to miss out on new energy-efficient devices or ways of cutting energy costs because your system is too old or you can’t afford a total replacement. The retrofit process allows us to update your equipment to provide a system that runs consistently and productively.
- Rapid Return On Investment
- One of the major selling points of any HVAC service that we provide is that it will pay for itself in lower repair costs and increased efficiency. A retrofit will provide the same return on investment, but it does so faster than a total replacement or new HVAC installation.
There is no avoiding the fact that your HVAC systems will need to be replaced one day, but the retrofitting process from SUI can ensure that replacement is easier to plan for and is a less costly experience. To learn more about HVAC retrofitting and all of our other services, contact Service Unlimited today.