When Should I Replace My Commercial HVAC System?
While walking into a comfortable office climate is a great feeling, it’s never guaranteed. Mechanical systems fail over time, and your commercial heating and cooling units are no exception. However, understanding when to replace your Commercial HVAC system can be confusing, and you may have a few questions, like:
- When should I consider replacing my HVAC Equipment?
- I’ve been neglecting commercial HVAC maintenance in Delaware. Does that affect HVAC replacement?
- How long does it take to replace HVAC systems?
- When’s the best time to replace my HVAC units?
- How do I find a trusted HVAC replacement service?
Continue reading to discover everything you need to know about commercial HVAC replacement.
Commercial HVAC Replacement FAQs
It’s important to note nothing lasts forever, and your business isn’t immune to HVAC issues. If you’re looking to stay ahead of system-wide failure, here’s what you should ask:
What should I consider when replacing HVAC equipment?
Commercial HVAC Mechanical Issues
- Poor Airflow: One of the more obvious signs your air conditioner is past its lifetime is if some areas in your office seem colder than others. A notable change in temperature typically indicates airflow issues, one of the most common HVAC problems in commercial buildings.
- Energy Waste: If you notice a steady increase in your energy bills, that’s another tell-tale sign you might need to invest in a new HVAC system. In most commercial buildings, heating and cooling operations account for roughly 60 percent of their monthly energy bill. However, inefficient HVAC systems can require almost twice as much. As your system ages, everyday wear and tear occurs, reducing the effectiveness of your equipment. Your HVAC unit compensates by drawing extra energy to maintain the same output, as seen in your utility bills.
Strange Odors from HVAC Malfunction
Another sign your HVAC is past its prime if you notice strange smells emanating from your system. HVAC units release various odors. While some are harmless, others may indicate more significant problems.
- Oil Smell: If you notice an oil smell coming from your HVAC system, this is often a sign of internal oil leaks. If the smell continues, it’s time for a professional replacement. However, it’s important to note if there’s no visible oil inside your system, the smell could come from a damaged oil burner. Regardless, it’ll be time to buy a new system.
- Smoke Smell: Smoke smells indicate something burning or overheating within your HVAC unit. Whether the source is frayed wire or a damaged motor, commercial HVAC Delaware technicians recommend turning off your AC unit to prevent further burning. Overheated systems can also burn dust or debris, worsening the smell. In most cases, this is a warning sign that your HVAC’s lifespan is almost up.
I’ve been neglecting preventive maintenance – does that affect replacing my old HVAC system?
Consistent commercial HVAC maintenance in Delaware is advantageous because mechanical contractors conduct upkeep tasks that optimize the performance of your system. However, neglecting preventative maintenance risks minor issues going unchecked. Over time, they can snowball into system-wide problems, leaving you with a premature HVAC replacement on your hands.
While preventative maintenance doesn’t directly affect the replacement process, it does help you squeeze a few more years of service out of your HVAC systems.
How long does it take to replace HVAC systems?
Simply put, it depends. Generally speaking, it takes anywhere between four to eight hours to replace a commercial HVAC system. However, the length of time changes depending on the:
- Size of your units
- Number of HVAC system replacements
- Size of your commercial building
- And, most importantly, the company you hire
Are your HVAC Systems past their lifespan? Don’t worry – Service Unlimited, Inc. has various solutions to keep your commercial heating and cooling operations in good shape.
Are your HVAC Systems past their lifespan? Don’t worry, Service Unlimited has a wide range of solutions to keep your commercial heating and cooling operations in good shape.
How can I find a trusted HVAC replacement service?
To find a reputable HVAC repair company in Delaware, consider the following:
Take a Look at Online Reviews
Online reviews are a great place to start when searching for professional HVAC repair services. Create a list of potential companies and read their reviews on Google, Facebook, and Yelp.
Because these are the three major review websites, you’ll get a large sample size of customer experiences. Reading through several testimonials gives you a comprehensive picture of what the company does and, more importantly, how well they do it.
It’s important to note that no company delivers perfect service – mistakes happen. Even the highest-rated HVAC design companies in Delaware have the occasional customer unhappy with the service they received.
So, as a general rule of thumb, Don’t get too hung up on a bad review. Instead, look for patterns. If you see multiple reviews noting poor service, that’s when it’s safe to assume that quality is an issue this company needs to work through.
Ask About Their HVAC Technicians
While online reviews can be helpful, they shouldn’t be the end-all-be-all in your search for high-quality HVAC replacement. The majority of heating and cooling companies in Atlanta are only as good as their staff. Underqualified technicians are a big problem. You never want them working anywhere near your heating and cooling systems.
If you’re comparing several companies but having trouble deciding which one to go with, the quality of their technicians can be a key differentiator. When reaching out to local providers, ask them questions like:
- What HVAC certifications do your technicians have?
- What does your training process look like?
- Can your technicians service specialized equipment?
- Is your HVAC staff qualified to work on ducts, piping, and BAS systems?
Just Remember, trustworthy HVAC companies should prioritize certifications and high-quality training for every employee.
Service Unlimited, Inc.: Your Top Choice for HVAC Replacement Services
Share This Post
Service Unlimited has worked for nearly 60 years to become your single source HVAC solution. We are your partner in providing a climate that boosts your company’s future through the most energy-efficient practices and services that promote the longevity of your equipment.
- Which HVAC System is Best for Offices?January 7, 2024 - 12:21 pm
- 5 Steps to Upgrade Your HVAC Air FiltrationMay 18, 2023 - 9:00 am
- Addressing HVAC Ventilation ConcernsMay 16, 2023 - 9:00 am
- Why You Should Leave Commercial HVAC Maintenance to the ProfessionalsApril 20, 2023 - 9:00 am
- Do HVAC Maintenance Contracts Really Save My Business Money?April 18, 2023 - 9:00 am