Heating and cooling are two of the most important elements of a commercial property. Make sure you’re getting the most from your HVAC system by partnering with the right mechanical service provider.
Every HVAC system comes with a limited lifespan. Older equipment not only exerts a lot of energy, but it also requires much more maintenance. You could opt to keep your HVAC system on life support, but that can be an exhausting way to prolong some of the mechanical issues you might already be facing. If you’re tired of dealing with the mess, you may need to partner with an experienced HVAC provider to find the next best solution.
Fortunately, a few important steps can help make the decision-making process a lot easier.
Weigh Your Options
Your first order of business is to choose the right heating and air conditioning setup. Not all heating and cooling systems are the same because HVAC equipment comes in different shapes and sizes. Before you schedule an installation, perform diligent research to see what capabilities each system has to offer. This will help you determine which solution makes the most sense for your building.
Here are three of the best options:
- Packaged Units: This is the ultimate space-saving solution. A single cabinet is programmed to provide a consistent flow of cool air during the summer and warm air during the winter. These central-air systems also come with powerful dehumidifying capabilities.
- Heat Pumps: This is your best option for heat compression. Instead of forcing air into the building, the heat boiler condenses water into a safe, comfortable gas. Heat pumps provide exceptional heating and cooling efficiencies in any venue.
- Ductless HVAC: If you want to improve energy efficiency, ductless air might be your best option. Ductless HVAC systems heat and cool different zones of the property while reducing energy usage in the air handling equipment.
Select the Appropriate Size
When choosing an HVAC system, it’s important to know that bigger isn’t always better. Oversized units consume a massive amount of energy, which may cause your utility bills to skyrocket. On the other hand, choosing equipment that is too small will hinder your system’s ability to cool effectively. Schedule an appointment with an experienced HVAC contractor like [Service Unlimited] to find a solution that aligns with the size and design of your building.
Account for the Outdoor Climate
When choosing HVAC equipment, you need to select a system that can keep up with any extreme climate. Buildings need to maintain a steady level of efficiency, and to ensure they are able to do this, you’ll need to keep the temperature at a level that can cope with the weather outside. Partner with an HVAC provider that designs custom solutions to help you maintain a comfortable indoor climate that combats the outdoor weather.
Claim ENERGY STAR® Support
ENERGY STAR is an energy-efficiency assistance program offered by the [U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)]. Its HVAC solutions offer the strongest energy performance. If your HVAC provider is steering you away from ENERGY STAR products, you may need to continue shopping around until you find a partner that leads you down the right path.
Service Unlimited Offers HVAC Support at the Highest Level
Our team is more than just a group of HVAC technicians. We are problem solvers committed to helping you get the most from your heating and cooling setup for as little as possible. The team at Service Unlimited offers only the highest-quality products from the industry’s leading manufacturers. Our professionals design authentic solutions to help you maintain the perfect indoor air quality for years to come.
Give us a call at 302-326-2665 to learn how our [world-class solutions] can help your property!
The majority of a commercial building’s energy costs go toward operating its HVAC systems. However, you can reduce your energy costs and improve your system’s energy efficiency in many ways. One way to make these changes is by implementing an HVAC preventive maintenance program.
How Does a Preventive Maintenance Program Work?
To implement this kind of maintenance program, your business should partner with a commercial HVAC services company that will oversee your heating and cooling systems. You will have to sign an agreement that outlines the terms of the HVAC company’s services. The agreement should be tailored to fit your business’s needs, not a cookie-cutter list of services the company offers all its customers. It should also outline the company’s commercial HVAC preventive maintenance services as well as its emergency services. Read the fine print and look over everything in the agreement before you sign it.
In terms of a maintenance schedule, the company’s HVAC technicians should make routine maintenance visits at least twice a year. You can negotiate with your service partner for four or more annual visits when you draw up the agreement, if that’s what your system needs to be properly maintained.
What Happens During a Maintenance Visit?
During a visit, the technician inspects your HVAC system and fixes any problems they find so larger breakdowns don’t occur in the future. This often involves changing the air filters, brushing the coils clean, checking the belts and fans, and inspecting electrical components. Of course, the specifics vary depending on whether you have a packaged system or a split system, traditional HVAC or a heat pump, or a chiller with a water tower and a boiler. What should not vary is the care and attention the technician gives your system.
What Are Some Examples of Preventive Maintenance Program Offerings?
At Service Unlimited, we offer the following services to our preventive maintenance agreement customers:
- Up to 25% off our standard pricing on parts and labor
- On-call emergency assistance and 24-hour service
- Two-hour response to your call for service
- Priority scheduling of service orders
- Scheduled system maintenance visits and complete documentation of the unit’s operation
- Comprehensive system operation evaluations
- Free estimates for equipment replacement projects, including design and engineering support
When you enter into a preventive maintenance agreement with an HVAC services company, it should be able to offer you priority services so your commercial heating and air conditioning system will keep operating well.
What Are the Benefits of HVAC Preventive Maintenance?
Having preventative maintenance performed on your system provides many benefits. These benefits include:
- Prolonged HVAC system lifespans
- Reduced downtime
- Improved system capacity
- Improved energy efficiency
- Improved air quality and a safe and healthy work environment
- Reduced energy costs
HVAC Maintenance With Dedication
At Service Unlimited, we maintain your HVAC equipment with prompt, courteous service. If we see a problem during one of our inspections, we will go out of our way to fix it so your system won’t need more extensive repair services in the future. If you would like to become one of our service agreement customers or if you have any questions about our preventive maintenance and HVAC repair services, contact us today.
The right preventive maintenance program creates more energy efficiency and higher cost savings, while also reducing headaches associated with an HVAC system.
It’s easy to take our commercial HVAC maintenance equipment for granted until it stops working—and that always seems to happen when we need it most. The fact is, an efficient heating and cooling system is an integral piece of equipment for any type of business. Just think about your air conditioning breaking down during a smoldering summer day or the furnace shutting off during a brisk winter. These types of issues can put your employees’ safety at risk, curtail production, and cost you a lot of money to repair. Luckily, you can avoid most problems by protecting your HVAC system with regular maintenance.
The Importance of HVAC Preventive Maintenance
Signing a preventive maintenance contract with the Service Unlimited team is one of the smartest business decisions you can make. By working with our team, you’ll be able to get optimal results from your HVAC system. These are just some of the primary benefits you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Higher Energy Savings
Heating, cooling, and ventilation account for a majority of energy bills. If your equipment isn’t being cared for properly, accumulated dust, dirt, debris, and other substances can strain its performance. This forces the system to exert more energy, which results in higher utility bills. You can conserve more energy by scheduling a routine maintenance checkup to keep your HVAC equipment in pristine condition.
Extends the Life of Your HVAC Equipment
If your HVAC system isn’t being properly maintained, expect to replace it every five to seven years. This “run-to-failure” method may cost you less in the short term, but in the long run, it can be a major financial setback. By regularly servicing your commercial HVAC system with professional maintenance, you’ll be able to garner its best results for more than 20 years.
Safer Air Quality and More Comfortable Indoor Climate
By establishing a maintenance routine, you’ll be able to keep your system clean and this will help generate a healthier, more consistent air flow. A professional HVAC specialist is responsible for eliminating mechanical obstructions. This helps balance humidity levels, eliminate hot and cold spots, and optimize indoor comfort all around.
Less Downtime, Fewer Repairs, and More Peace of Mind
Without proper maintenance, your HVAC system is bound to encounter a mess of problems. When you face a mechanical disruption, you’ll have to schedule a repair to get your system running again. This can steer you away from your operation and even force a halt in production. When you’re running a business, any downtime is detrimental. Professional maintenance patches up issues before they expand into emergencies. This keeps your HVAC system functioning smoothly and your operation in motion.
Establish Your Maintenance Schedule Today
At Service Unlimited, we take pride in being more than just an ordinary HVAC contractor. We are full-service problem solvers who want to help you get the most from your HVAC system for years to come. If you want to take advantage of a healthier, more comfortable air flow with exceptional cost savings, contact us today to set up your maintenance program!
All of our years of service have taught us that the best way to deliver value to our clients is by being your single source of HVAC system solutions. To address this, we have structured our services to provide everything you will need from a single point of contact. As a result, this makes your projects simpler to plan and easier to execute. One of the ways that we have expanded our services is by developing and running our own in-house fabrication shop for ductwork.
As a versatile HVAC installer, we work in a variety of conditions and with many different raw materials. We saw the opportunity to eliminate inefficiencies by creating our own metal fabrication shop. We did this so we could become a better service provider and pass on all of the advantages to our clients. Our HVAC fabrication facility comes with several benefits that make us the best provider for your business.
The Advantages Of In-House Fabrication
- The most significant benefit of having in-house fabrication in our facility is the time it saves both you and us. Using a contracted third party adds time to the overall project and another level of complexity that is unnecessary. We have a more efficient supply chain with few links in the chain between your project design and installation process.
- Quality Control
- Contracting sheet metal ducts out to a third party, even a reliable partner, puts the quality of our work in someone else’s hands. With our own shop, we are able to deliver greater quality assurance. This allows us to stand behind the manufacturing process that we manage. We are your single source for HVAC systems, and we are proud of the work we do.
- Lower Labor Cost
- Without a third party, we do not pay the markup prices. This is what you can expect with the added processes found when working in someone else’s fabrication facility. We are able to pass those savings on to you by lowering our overall costs. Operating within our shop also means we have our processes for managing your projects and equipment. This cuts down on any downtime or disruptions in your project deadlines.
- Tailored Solutions
- When it comes to heating and air conditioning systems, it is all about the efficient distribution of air throughout your facility. The best way to deliver those results is with systems that have been designed and developed with your unique requirements in mind. Our in-house fab shop enables us to provide solutions that are not one-size-fits-all.
- Reduces Waste
- Being in charge of the complete fabrication process empowers us to reduce the amount of overall waste from any project. Less waste means lower material costs for you and a reduced impact on the environment. This is an advantage for everyone involved.
- Ensures Compliance
- Depending on your industry and location, there are different regulations and building codes that any project must abide by. SUI is already familiar with maintaining compliance with industry standards and federal regulations. Keeping our process in house means that we are able to exercise greater control. In return, this allows us to make sure all of your equipment and hardware meet your compliance needs.
To learn more about our in-house fabrication process and all of the services we offer, contact Service Unlimited today. We are here to create a comfortable working environment for you and your business.
The commercial heating and air conditioning system for your building is going to be one of your most significant investments over the life of your facility. Most standard systems have a life cycle that spans somewhere between 15 and 25 years, and when the time comes for a new system there are more options than just a straight replacement. In many cases, a high-efficiency commercial HVAC retrofit can save time and money while providing the level of service that your business needs.
The Benefits Of Retrofitting Your HVAC System
There is no perfect HVAC system that will last forever. Someday your existing system will either need to be replaced or retrofitted. Service Unlimited, Inc. has for nearly 60 years of experience in retrofitting heating and cooling systems for a wide variety of facilities, from churches to manufacturing plants.
In this blog post, we cover the advantages of an HVAC retrofit and the ways it could benefit your business.
- Energy Savings
- Retrofitting existing systems is one of the fastest solutions for reducing energy usage. It is a quicker process than a complete replacement and can address chronic issues that have been dragging down your HVAC equipment’s efficiency.
- System Longevity
- An entire system replacement will deliver results, but it can be a costly and time-consuming process. Implementing a retrofit program to address defective or obsolete parts can give your HVAC system a whole new life. These strategies are designed to maintain your systems and give you more time to plan for that eventual replacement process.
- Most commercial facilities change over time. You might build on an addition, renovate existing space, or add new structures. The retrofitting process will enable your systems to adapt to your changing needs. At SUI, we want your HVAC systems to work for you—not the other way around.
- Improved Air Quality
- Over time, older systems show signs of aging and a drop in performance, and some older HVAC equipment will become louder over the years. We want your heating and cooling equipment to be felt and not heard. A modern retrofit will deliver a quieter operation and a higher level of performance for your workplace. Providing comfortable workspaces is the most significant purpose of your HVAC devices; SUI is here to ensure they deliver.
- Technology Upgrades
- Technology is always growing and changing; the same is true for HVAC systems. You don’t want to miss out on new energy-efficient devices or ways of cutting energy costs because your system is too old or you can’t afford a total replacement. The retrofit process allows us to update your equipment to provide a system that runs consistently and productively.
- Rapid Return On Investment
- One of the major selling points of any HVAC service that we provide is that it will pay for itself in lower repair costs and increased efficiency. A retrofit will provide the same return on investment, but it does so faster than a total replacement or new HVAC installation.
There is no avoiding the fact that your HVAC systems will need to be replaced one day, but the retrofitting process from SUI can ensure that replacement is easier to plan for and is a less costly experience. To learn more about HVAC retrofitting and all of our other services, contact Service Unlimited today.
Service Unlimited has worked for nearly 60 years to become your single source HVAC solution. We are your partner in providing a climate that boosts your company’s future through the most energy-efficient practices and services that promote the longevity of your equipment.